For the uninitiated the term "Kaki" literally means "Leg" in the Malaysian Language or Bahasa Malaysia. Colloquially, Kaki-Golf, refers to a person who plays (in this case, love) Golf.

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch unboxing and introduction.

I will be posting about the Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch in three posts. 

1. The unboxing
2. On course review
3. Comparison with the Voice Caddie T1 Hybrid GPS watch.

Let's get started!

So why did I get another GPS watch? 

If you have been following the blog you would have come across this post about the Voice Caddie T1 Hybrid watch and since then I have had several rounds with it and I can honestly say that even though it serves it's purpose, I am not entirely satisfied by it.

So, apart from the fact that I am a gadget junkie, I decided to check out other options. 



Step in, the Bushnell Neo XS GPS watch. Bushnell has a market leader in sport optics equipment and have been around for years. Full range of their products here. Known for it's high quality products, reliability and accuracy, Bushnell have also ventured into the Golf arena with their laser range finders and GPS watches.


So this is what you get out of the box.






The watch (which is also available in charcoal and black).



Inside the box are the manuals and charging cable. I checked online and it seems I was missing a brush (to brush the charging connector points) but no issue.





Don't mind the blur face. It's just a sticker which I didn't peel after switching the watch on. First impressions were good and the design, very appealing. But more on that to come.

In the meantime, the PGM MNRB Sarawak Championship begins on Wednesday (13th May) at the Kelab Golf Sarawak and will see a healthy field of 112 players from the Asian Development Tour, our Malaysian tour and even a few fellow Kuching amateurs competing in the RM200,000.00 event. 

It's not everyday we get quality tournaments in town so I am excited am hoping to catch at least some of the action this week.


Met up with my friend Chris who's caddying for ADT Pro Nick Pugh and caught him in action on the range. It's always cool getting to see the pros in action, so if you happen to be in Kuching, make your way to KGS in the next few days.



No comments:

Post a Comment